Friday, October 10, 2008

10 years in the making...

A little over 10 years ago, I switched my major in college from fine arts to film.  I never looked back.  My very first film was a short that I shot on Super 8mm.  It landed me my first paid gig in directing a documentary.

In the 10 years since, the only copy I've ever had was the original film reel, and a video copy that I recorded from a projected image on the wall.

Needless to say the resulting image was blurred and out of focus due to the flicker from the projector.

Well, I figured it was time to give the "little film that did" its proper telecine transfer.
And man, did it turn out beautiful.  So for the 10th anniversary of my peregrination in film, I have decided to treat "Krucial Kombat" (yes that is the title) to a new soundtrack and new titles, and a new cut.  Considering that the old soundtrack is on a cassette tape and the old edits were done by hand.

Stay tuned for the groovy, in the meantime, a couple more pics.


No comments: