Sunday, December 23, 2007

Three Jews, A Priest, A Muslim, and a Latin Guy...

I got up today, and I went back to the past. I grabbed Jesus of Nazareth, Nicholas of Myra, Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Allāh, Abraham, and Moses. I gave them all pills so that they could talk and understand each other, and they introduced themselves. After introductions were made, Nicholas begins to praise Jesus, while Jesus, Moses, and Muhammad began to praise Abraham, while Abraham stood their a bit confused.

After the novelties wore off, they asked who I was, I told them I was the one who brought them all there. When they asked why, I told them what each was responsible for.

They were taken aback, with Abraham being the only one to say, "I was just doing what God told me to."

As much as they were saddened by the fallout of their deeds, there begins talk of changing their methods, creating clear outlines that could not be misconstrued, that there be 'no factions' in the faiths.

I calmed them down, and said it wouldn't matter. Said that people are gonna believe and interpret it no matter what they said or did.

They asked again what the point was for me to bring them all their, and I told them how important the December month became to all the faiths, fictional or not. They all began to wish Jesus a Happy Birthday, but Jesus tried to tell them that it wasn't for several months, but a good chuckle was had by all.

I told them, that I brought them there to ask them one question, piousness aside, if they could. What is the one thing they'd like to convey to all of you, as one human being to another. It didn't take them long to respond.

Afterwards, we watched Tron, The Incredibles, while Muhammad read The Watchmen, and Nicholas and I played some Halo.

Subsequently, I accidentally made additions to History that I have to share with you. Because of Tron, Moses said he followed a column of fire in the desert, because of The Incredibles, Jesus walked on water, because Muhammad loved The Watchmen comic especially the Walter Kovacs character, he thought it'd be funny if he didn't show his face in any pics of himself. Because of Halo, Nicholas began to tell tales of his flying sled. And Abraham, well, he gave James Hetfield a run for his money when he belted out Enter Sandman on Rock Band.

All in all, they had a great time. And here unto you good people, I relay the message they unanimously came to terms to say.

"The world may seem a cynical, horrible, and at times ultimately miserable place. But it isn't. There's love in each one of you, all you have to do is look. We know that old voices from your past may sound like just regurgitated anecdotes, but please, believe us, we meant nothing but good for our fellow man. And seeing how much of an impact we have made, both bad and good, we ask that you do not forget the basest of messages that we have tried to convey.

You are loved. Take care of each other, for you are all that you have."

Happy Holidays, guys.

No comments: