Friday, April 02, 2010

All Kangaroos Are Left Handed...

You know why they call this place "The Land Down Unda"?

Because there's a catchy song that uses the phrase in its title, and most people aren't very creative to think up a new name for this amazingly gorgeous place.

I'm opting to call it "The Place That Gets Totally Hosed When It Comes To Buying Anything That Requires A Memory Card Or That Doesn't Run On Vegemite."

Colin Hay is working on the song.

Canberra is in a valley, surrounded by mountains. As a coastal boy, it's a bit disorientating when I try to find my bearings. At least twice I had to remind myself that because I'm so far South, that doesn't mean the sun is looking down on me, judging me, calling me funny names.

I keep trying to remind myself that I have to take notice when I flush the toilet that the water goes the other way. But surprisingly, I don't care to watch. Go figure, I'm a big boy now.

No, rather than constantly taking note of all the comic stereotypes of Australia (and trust me, they do live up to each and everyone), this gorgeous slice of Outback has opened my eyes to a lovely country, with a beautiful topography, excellent food (sans anything Mexican), and laid back demeanor that gives Northern Cali a run for it's docile state.

All this and I have a beautiful woman at my side at all times.

I'd say I've died and I've gone to heaven.

But that can't be right, as I went in the wrong direction.

So I gotta go with Debbie Gibson on this one. Heaven is a place on Earth.

Hey Colin! I think I got a new song title, Debbie gonna sue us though.

No comments: